Sunday, January 18, 2015

Until The Next Time

Sunday, Jan. 18, 2015

I have some favorite places I like to worship: at Lord of Life with my church family, at LVR with our high school students, and at Christ the King in Merotte, Haiti with my other church family. The members of Christ the King are an amazing people--they love the Lord and have a strong desire to serve Him. Worshipping with them this morning was everything I thought it might be. They had 3 different groups of people singing praise, with one of those songs being sung in English. Absolutely beautiful. Our group also sang a song we had been working on all week. We sang "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name"...in Creole...all 3 verses with a special chorus at the end. The people were so surprised! It was so fun to learn and super awesome to sing in worship with our friends. To God be the glory.

Don Arnott, Lord of Life's President, gave the message this morning. It was batter up with a grand slam! He absolutely knocked it out of the park! He talked about his family and how he now had a new family with the people of Haiti. He talked about how the love of Jesus connects us and propels us to love.

The goodbyes, as always, were tear-filled. Oh my, it is difficult to leave.

With one final group devotion and worship time tonight, we are turning our hearts toward home. The team will leave Haiti at 1pm to start the journey to Kansas City. Once they are safely dropped at the airport, I will head off with Dorlus to his home. I am excited about this phase of the journey and covet your prayers while I remain in Haiti for 9 more days. I hope to learn more about the culture, the country, and what God is doing in this place. I also hope to grow in my Creole skills. I am learning but have a long way to go.

Blessings!

Lisa :)
On behalf of 2015 team Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment