Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Great Start

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

It was a great day! Not everything went according to plan, but it was still a pretty great day!

I had an opportunity to watch the VBS team in action. They told the story of Jesus' birth. It was funny. It was engaging. It was right on target. They sang with the children. They laughed with the children. Most importantly, they prayed over the children who wanted to trust Jesus as their Savior. I was one of the classrooms and had the privilege of praying over one of the young men who trusted Jesus for his salvation. As I began to pray, I was so overwhelmed with emotion that I couldn't speak. As I tried to regain my composure though I could hear 9-year-old Jacob T. praying over the boy next to me. Talk about a cool moment! It was a blessing for sure.

The construction team is making progress on the wall, and the painting of the Kindergarten building has begun. We are praying for the delivery of more block today. The company that makes the block had a machine break so they are behind schedule. They were able to deliver half, but now we are ready for more. It would be so great to have those available today. If not, our crew will help paint. 

The medical clinic went really well. The crowd got a little intense at times, but for the most part that all went very smoothly. Adding a health/hygiene class has been a great addition. The people seem to be really blessed by that. Some of the files got filed before we could count how many patients we saw, but it doesn't really matter because we've been praying that God would bring to us the people who need to be seen. 

I took pictures yesterday but can't seem to get them loaded on here today. I'll try again tomorrow. Right now it is time for french toast...Haitian style! YUMMY! 

Blessings on your day! Thanks for your prayer support! 

Lisa :)
On behalf of 2015 Team Haiti

No comments:

Post a Comment