Friday, January 9, 2015

Packed and Ready...Almost!

Our team of 34 strong is packed and ready to go to Haiti. We leave Sunday, Jan. 11 at 6:30am. We have to be at the airport by 4:30am, which means I have to wake up at 2:30am so I can enjoy a long, hot shower before my 4 co-travelers to the airport meet at my house to load up and head out. I don't mind the early hour, though because that means we will be that much closer to being with our sister church, Christ the King in Merotte, Haiti.

It is such a joy, such a privilege, and such an honor to lead our team. Of the 34 on the trip, 27 Lord of Life members and 7 friends of Lord of Life. Of the 34 on the trip, exactly half have been with me to Haiti before. For those 17 the reunions with our brothers and sisters in Haiti will be sweet. For the other 17, oh my goodness, I can't wait to see them take it all in, meet new people--people who mean so much to me, and join the Haiti family.

I have no idea what God has in store for us on this trip, but I can't wait to see how it all unfolds.

Please be in prayer for us. I pray for things like safe travel and for things to go smoothly, but my greatest prayer is for God to do whatever it takes to draw each of us closer to Him--to looking more and more like a follower of Christ and less and less like the rest of the world.

I'll be posting daily updates starting Monday or Tuesday morning. Be on the lookout!

The team will be sharing about our time in Haiti at 8am and 10:45am on Sunday, Jan. 25 at Lord of Life. Hope many of you can be there to hear all about it!

On Behalf of 2015 Team Haiti,

Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment