Monday, January 11, 2016

And We're Off

Our team arrived in Haiti around 1:15 yesterday afternoon. Right on schedule. Port au Prince traffic was a little heavy so it took awhile to get to Merotte, but still in great time, around 3:30. We quickly unloaded all of our suitcases filled to capacity with supplies for the week. In those 30 suitcases we are carrying Creole Bibles and Catechisms, medicines, health education supplies, backpacks, pencils, erasers, pencil sharpeners, dress clothes for men and women, shoes, teacher supplies, Bible studies, craft supplies for 4 days of VBS for over 300 children, craft projects to do with local women, and so many things I'm not even thinking of.

As I woke up this morning, I opened my Bible to see what God would speak to me this morning. I paged through a few of the Psalms until my eyes settled on the title to Psalm 108, "With God We Shall Do Valiantly." I thought, "Yep!" It is so true. Our efforts, our planning, our interactions, mean nothing without the Lord leading the way. The Psalm wraps up with these words, "With God we shall do valiantly, it is he who will tread down our foes." When I think about the foes we face this week--foes of discouragement, desperation, and poverty come immediately to mind. Satan does not want us here. He is the ultimate foe and will use anything to try to stop the encouragement of the church and our desire to serve Him in spreading the Gospel. But "with God we shall do valiantly". The enemy has no power here! Come, Holy Spirit! Lead the way!

































































No comments:

Post a Comment