Sunday, July 24, 2016

This is Amazing Grace

Let me start by saying that it was such an honor and privilege to be along side these incredible high schoolers this week. It was so amazing to not only see God work in the people of Haiti, but to see God work in our team’s hearts as well. Today we went to church at Christ the King. It was so awesome to worship with people we had gotten to know throughout the week. After church there were clothes set up in the back for them to grab on their way out. We had lunch and afterwards, some of us sat in on a meeting about future plans with Christ the King, while others played with some kids outside. Eventually we had to say our “See you laters”. For many of us, this was very difficult. So many wonderful friendships have been made this week, and some of us do not know when we will see our friends next. After we left the church we came back to Wahoo Bay. It was a wonderful afternoon of relaxation. There was beach time, hangout time, and I personally took a nap (This week wore me out). We had a delicious last meal and then headed to worship and devotion. Tonight Tyler gave us three questions and had us split up into small groups to answer them. Some of our answers will be shared on Sunday in church. Our bags are packed and we all ready to load the buses at 4 in the morning. We cannot wait to share about our incredible week. So many new lessons have been learned and so many hearts have been changed. Coming on this trip has changed my life, and I think it has changed quite a few others as well.

“One of my favorite part of the week was when a child, whom I had never spoken to, ran into my arms from across the field. He threw his arms around me and rested his head on my shoulder. This showed me the power of God’s love. Even though I had never seen this boy before, he knew that I would love him. Every interaction in this week has been so important, and without God, I would never have gotten to experience this love.”
-Rose Stahl

No comments:

Post a Comment