Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Collide Arrives in Merotte, Haiti

I am so very grateful for the journey leading up to our arrival in Haiti yesterday afternoon. When Tyler and I first presented the idea to the high school students that we were feeling God's calling for our group to join Lord of Life's efforts in Haiti they were not pleased. Not pleased is actually putting it mildly--some cried at the thought, others would not support it, and a few just glared at us. It was a difficult time with our Collide leadership and Tyler and I were not sure how it would go. Tyler and I went back to the drawing board, discussing various options. Where else could we go? The kids weren't happy. Our job was to plan something that they would be excited about--something they would sign up for so we could have a successful mission trip. But at the end of the day we still felt a strong leading from the Lord to pursue Haiti.

When I put the registration out, not a single person signed up for 3 months. No one! I began exploring mission options within the United States. Nothing. And then, just before pulling the plug on the whole thing, a registration with a deposit showed up on my desk--Emma Anstine was in! That was all the encouragement I needed. God had His hand on this and was calling me to trust. Before I knew it another and another and another registration appeared. In all, 17 committed to being a go-er. Yea God!

So when we arrived at Christ the King yesterday it was a moment. To hear our students oooh and ahhhh when they saw the children just made me smile.

Gathering with our students last night in worship was another moment of gratitude for the journey. God is so faithful. This trip is His!

Pray for us today. Lots of anxiety for how things will go with VBS and our teen ministry in the afternoon.

Can't wait to tell you about it. Right now, I'm late for breakfast!

Lisa :)

3 comments:

  1. Bondye bon tout tan. Tout tan Bondye bon. I absolutely have been praying for you and the ministry. Luv and hugs to all, especially my Haitian friends.
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. Thank you, God, for Emma having the courage to sign up. So excited to hear about this new ministry with our brothers and sisters in Haiti.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm blessed to know that the kids are learning that God is VERY good in all circumstances. Glad you are there two share the love -- a two way street! I'm sure Ethan is keeping his buddies safe and in sight. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete